Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Short Story For Fiyah

Hello Innanetz,
 Every time I set a goal, life laughs in my face and then shoves it into a pie! In March, I dedicated my writing time to writing a short story for Fiyah Literary Magazine. It is a magazine for Black Sci-Fi and Fantasy Speculative fiction and the theme was music. 



For me this was a big deal, and a big goal for me to accomplish. I've written a novel before (that no one except two editors and my sister have seen), and I've written a short story before for an online 'Zine' for James Patterson's Masterclass on Writing, but neither were for a true public platform. Fiyah has a following, and the editors are well-known black authors and poets so, my nerves are shot! 

What was my story about? Well, briefly, I'll tell you that my story is about a magical line of women whose power lies in their voices. Intriguing enough? If not, sorry, I haven't had enough time away from it to really break it down in summary form. It still lives in my head, and it also lives in the inbox of Fiyah's editors. 

The submission was for their July issue, and the deadline was 04/30 so, I should hear something by the end of this month or mid-June. I'm not sure what the procedure would even be. Like, would I need to do another edit based off their notes or would they take it as is? 

Anyway, I'm busying myself with a few things:
  1. New 4-Week Olympic Lifting Program
  2. Reading a few books and graphic novels 
  3. More coding
  4. Writing a comic spec script
If you happen to see this post, please send me good vibes and prayers that my story does well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment