Monday, May 14, 2018

Fiyah Update

So, I just found out that my story "Songbird" did not get selected for their July issue. Damn it, man! I really wanted to see my work in a magazine with a cover like this (cover of July issue is forthcoming)!


And who wouldn't?

 But this is a time to regroup and then re-up. I got some feedback from the editors on how I could make the story better, or I guess more of a short story with a concrete goal instead of a "day in the life" tale. Also, I received feedback from an ex-editor and writing friend who suggested that put "skin in the game" and take some workshops to help improve my skills. So, that is just what I am going to do starting this week! I am going to improve my writing skills and keep submitting shorts while I work on larger projects. I may be opening myself up to more rejection, but whatever. Never gained if nothing earned, right? That's how the saying goes, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment