Saturday, August 13, 2016

Plans For The Summer

I work with an editor, and she's great (FYI)! She and I came up with a plan that by the end of the summer, which I'm officially marking as October 1st, to have multiple short stories completed.

Why?
One, I have to keep writing. I don't want to be one of those people who've always wanted to be a writer, write one novel, and then quit. I have way too many stories in my head that need to be put to the page.

Another reason is to build my writing résumé.

So, what exactly is the plan? That is simple: write, edit, rewrite, edit, rewrite and then post it online. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to post it here or post it somewhere else like Amazon.

The story that I am working on now is titled "The Voice". It is a short about suicide and a conversation between the main character and (possibly) God. It's discusses self-perception, knowing your life's importance to others, how your choices affect your loved ones and, ultimately, redemption.


As of right now, in the first edit round, the story is completed at 25-pages. I actually should be working on it right now, but it is hard to concentrate. First round editing is always the hardest for me, plus this story has some personal pieces in it that are hard for me to read over and over again.

Anyway, instead of continuing my procrastination, I'll get back to editing.

Keep Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment